Here are a few ideas to keep children entertained through the holiday season:
• Holiday place mats—Have the kids make place mats and place cards for everyone. You provide supplies such as construction paper, glue, scissors, and crayons, and let the kids create.
• Scavenger hunt—Divide the kids into teams and send them on a holiday scavenger hunt. Items to search for might include a picture of a snowman, an autograph from someone who doesn’t like sweet potatoes, a recipe for stuffing, a piece of holiday candy, a greeting card, etc.
• Pin the nose on Rudolph—Give each child a picture of Rudolph to color. Then play pin the nose on Rudolph and give a prize to the winner.
• Create with Playdough contest—Give each child some Playdough. (To make your own: mix 4 cups flour, 1 cup salt and 1-3/4 cups water. Color with food coloring if you like.) Have each child make an angel/snowman/reindeer and give little prizes for the most colorful, the biggest, the most delicate, etc.
• Baby pictures—Have each adult bring a baby picture and see if the kids can guess which picture goes with each adult.